Makes 10 medium sized rolls.
For the roll:-
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Water – 1/3 cups
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Egg – 1 large
For the filling:-
- Onion – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Garlic – 2 big cloves
- Greenchilly – 1 number, very finely chopped
- Ginger – 1/2 tsp., minced
- Carrot – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Cabbage – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Coloured capsicum – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- French beans – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Celery – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Sweet corn kernels (boiled) – 1/2 cup
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Maida – 1 tbsp.
- Milk – 1/2 cup
For the glue:-
- Maida – 1 tbsp
- Water – 2 tbsp
Mix the maida & water to make the glue.
- Bread crumbs – as needed
- Egg – 1 number, lightly beaten
- Oil for deep frying
- For the filling, chop the onions, garlic, greenchilly & ginger finely in your food processor. Heat the oil & add the onion mixture, fry till it turns golden brown in colour. Add the chopped veggies and salt. Cover cook for 5-7 minutes or till the veggies are fully cooked. Add the sweet corn kernels & mix. Make a well in the middle of the veggies & add butter. Add maida to the melted butter & cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Add milk & now mix the veggies with the sauce.Add pepper powder & cook till the mixture thickens. Check for salt & add more if needed. Let this filling cool down to room temperature.
- To make the pancakes, first beat an egg; add water, milk, salt & pepper powder. Add the flour and keep whisking to ensure that no lumps are formed.This batter will be loose. Heat a non-stick pan & grease it with a little oil, pour a small ladleful of batter. Just cook one side of the pancake. There is no need to flip the pancake & cook the other side. Don’t allow the pancake to turn brown. Allow this cooked pancake to fall on an Al foil dusted with some maida. Repeat with the remaining batter. Make thin pancakes otherwise you will find it difficult to roll.
- Take a pancake & place a little vegetable filling on one end & close the 3 adjacent sides. Roll tightly, use the glue to seal the ends thoroughly.
- Dip each roll in beaten egg (also dip the ends of the roll in egg) & roll in bread crumbs. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil & fry the rolls to a golden brown colour. Drain on paper towels.
- Serve these rolls hot.
Source:- Vanitha Magazine