This recipe will make two bread rolls.
For the bread dough:-
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 heaping tsp.
- Instant yeast – 1 tsp. (level)
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Olive Oil – 4 tbsps.
- Lukewarm water – as needed
For the filling:-
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Mushroom – 250 grams, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 3 big cloves, minced
- Onion – 2 numbers, medium, finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers, very finely chopped
- Red bell pepper – half of a medium
- Yellow bell pepper – half of a medium
- Sweetcorn – 1/4 cup (boiled)
- Oregano – 3/4 tsp.
- Basil – 1/4 tsp.
- White vinegar – 1/2 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper powder-as needed
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup (grated)
- Tomato – 1/2 cup (deseeded & chopped)
Other ingredients for the filling:-
- Olive oil – to drizzle
- Mozzarella cheese – 2 tbsps., grated
- Cheddar cheese – 2 tbsps., grated
For the topping:-
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp.
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Water for brushing
Prepare the dough first
Mix together all the ingredients needed for the dough. Add lukewarm water & knead into a very soft dough. Keep punching the dough as you knead. Keep the dough covered in a warm place for 1 hour or till double in volume. Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the bread.
Prepare the filling
Heat oil in a pan & add the sliced mushrooms, salt & pepper powder. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes till dry. Remove the mushrooms from the pan & keep aside. To the same pan, add the onions, garlic and greenchilly. Cook till the onion turns translucent.Stir in the bell pepper & sweet corn. Cook for 2-3 minutes on high heat. Add the cilantro, vinegar, oregano and basil. Mix well and switch off heat. Let this mixture cool down completely. Add the deseeded tomato and grated cheeses and mix
Prepare the bread rolls
Punch down the risen dough & divide it into 2 equal halves.
take a dough ball and roll it into a slightly thin rectangle.
Place the filling over the rolled out dough.Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and mozzarella on top. Drizzle olive oil. Roll the dough tightly like you do for making a jam roll. Repeat with teh other dough portion.
Keep the stuffed bread rolls in a tray lined with foil. Keep them covered again for 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 200C.
Brush the top of the breads with oil and water & sprinkle oregano.
Bake at 200C for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven & serve warm.