This recipe makes 6 wraps.
For the pancakes:-
- Coarse semolina – 1/2 cup
- Chickpea flour/besan – 1/2 cup
- Old fashioned jumbo oats – 1/2 cup
- Water – 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Chaat masala – 1 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp.
- Chopped cilantro – 2 tbsps.
- Oil as needed to make the pancakes
For the filling:-
- Oil – 2 tbsps.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Onion – 2 medium; finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 number, very finely chopped
- Orange/Yellow capsicum – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Frozen greenpeas – 1/2 cup
- Paneer – 1/2 cup, cut into 1/2″ cubes
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Cilantro – 2 tbsps; finely chopped
- Mint leaf – 1 tbsp; finely chopped
- Tomato – 1 medium, finely chopped
- Lime juice – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – a pinch
- Tomato ketchup – 3-6 tsps. (to spread on the cooked pancakes)
- Combine the besan, oats, semolina, salt, 2 tbsps. of cilantro, cumin powder, chaat masala powder & water to make the batter. Keep the batter aside for 15 minutes. The batter will become thicker on sitting. Meanwhile prepare the filling for the wraps.
- Heat oil & add the cumin seeds. Allow them to splutter. Stir in the chopped onions & greenchilly. Cook till the onion starts to turn golden brown in colour. Add the peas, capsicum & enough salt. Stir fry on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes. Add the paneer cubes & mix well for 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, mint leaf, sugar and chopped tomato. Cook for a minute more. Switch off heat & add the lime juice. This is the filling.
- To make the pancake, grease a non-stick pan & heat till it becomes medium hot. Pour a ladleful of batter & spread it out thin as you do for a dosa. Drizzle 1 tsp. of oil from the sides. Cook on high heat till golden brown in colour. Flip & cook the other side as well. Repeat to make more pancakes.
- Take a cooked pancake & spread 1/2 -1 tsp. of tomato ketchup over it. Put some paneer-vegetable filling & fold it to make a roll.
- Serve immediately.
Source:- 101 recipes for children by Nita Mehta