For the dough:-
- Plain flour – 2 cups
- Sugar – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Instant yeast – 1.5 tsp. (level)
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Egg – 1 number, medium
- Olive Oil -3 tbsps.
- Lukewarm water – as needed
For the filling:-
- Olive oil – 2 tbsps.
- Mushroom – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- Green bell pepper – 3/4 cup
- Garlic paste– 1 tsp.
- Onion – 2 numbers, medium, finely chopped
- Chicken mince – 250 grams
- Paprika powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Chilly sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Worcestershire sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Oregano – 3/4 tsp.
- Basil – 1/4 tsp.
- Tomato – half a small tomato, seeded and chopped
- Cream cheese triangles – 2 numbers
- Onion – 1 number, thinly sliced
- Cheddar cheese – 1/2 cup (grated) (do not mix with the filling)
- Mozzarella cheese – 1/2 cup (grated) (do not mix with the filling)
Other ingredients for the sauce:-
- Tomato ketchup – 2 to 3 tbsps.
- Mayonnaise – 2 tbsps.
- Fresh cream – 1 tbsp.
For the topping:-
- Olive Oil for brushing
- Egg – 1 number, beaten
Prepare the dough first
Mix together all the ingredients needed for the dough. Add lukewarm water & knead into a very soft dough. Keep punching/banging the dough as you knead. Keep the dough covered in a warm place for 1 hour or till double in volume. Meanwhile, prepare the filling for the pie.
Prepare the filling
Heat oil in a pan & stir in the sliced mushrooms. Cook on high heat for 5 minutes or till dry. Add the finely chopped capsicum & cook for 2 minutes more. Remove the mushrooms & capsicum from the pan & keep aside.To the same pan, add the garlic paste & finely chopped onions and cook till the onion turns almost brown in colour. Add the chicken mince, 1/2 tsp. of salt, paprika powder, chilly sauce, Worcestershire sauce & cook for 10 minutes till the chicken is tender and dry. Add the mushrooms-capsicum mixture, tomato, oregano, basil, cream cheese triangles, 1 medium onion (thinly sliced) & mix. Remove from heat. This is the filling.
Prepare the pizza pie
Punch down the risen dough & divide it into 2 equal halves.Shape each half into a ball.
Take a dough ball and flatten it on a 10″ tart tin.
Spread the entire sauce over the base. Spread the entire filling over the base. Sprinkle the grated cheeses over the filling.
Roll the other dough half into a circle & place it over the filling. Seal the edges of the two dough halves well.
Brush 2 tbsps. of olive oil on top of the pie & apply egg wash.
Bake in a 180C preheated oven for 30 minutes.