- Plain flour – 3/4 cup
- Cornstarch – 1/3 cup
- Rice flour – 1/3 cup (Real recipe calls for unroasted fine rice flour, but I used roasted rice flour i.e.appapodi)
- Baking powder – 1 tsp. (bit heaping)
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 150 grams, softened
- Castor sugar – 3/4 cup
- Eggs – 3 numbers, large
- Vanilla essence – 1.5 tsps.
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, corn starch, rice flour, salt & baking powder.
- Beat together the butter & powdered sugar till creamy for about 10 minutes. Beat in the 3 eggs one by one & beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with the milk.Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin. Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes
- Garnish with sifted icing sugar.
Source :- Masala Mornings by Shireen Anwar