- Aval/Poha/Rice flakes – 1 cup
- Milk – 4 cups
- Almonds – 1/4 cup, blanched, peeled and crushed coarsely in a grinder
- Sugar – 10 to 12 tbsps.
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1/4 cup
- Cardamom powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Take the rice flakes on a flat plate and cook in the microwave on high power for 1 to 1 minute 30 seconds till they turn crisp. Do not cover the plate.
- Transfer the toasted rice flakes to a bigger microproof dish. Add milk & the almond powder. Cover cook on high power for 10 minutes.
- Add sugar, cardamom powder and condensed milk. Cover cook for 4-5 minutes more on high power.