Makes 16 cups.
For the cups:-
- Butter – 175 grams (softened)
- Icing sugar – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Egg yolk – 1 small
- Chilled milk – 1 tbsp.
For the filling:-
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Icing sugar – 3 heaping tbsps.
- Yellow food colour – 1/2 tsp.
- Pineapple essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Pineapple tidbits – 1 cup
- Sift together the plain flour and salt.
- Beat the softened butter with the icing sugar for 10 minutes till creamy and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg yolk. Add the sifted flour and beat the mixture with a hand mixer till the mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs. Add chilled milk and mix till the whole thing comes together in the form of a dough. Wrap the dough with a cling film and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Take the chilled dough and roll it into a circle of 1/4″ thickness. Cut out 3″ circles from the rolled out dough using a sharp lid. Place the circles in a cupcake pan. Prick the base and sides of the cups with a fork.
- Bake at 200C for 13-15 minutes till golden brown in colour. Let the cups cool down completely to room temperature before filling.
- Beat the cream till it holds peaks. Add icing sugar, yellow colour and pineapple essence and beat again.
- Fill each cups with 2 tsps. of the cream mixture. Spread pineapple tidbits on top.