- Macaroni – 1.5 cup
- Olive oil – 3 tbsps.
- Garlic – 2 big cloves; minced
- Onion – 1 medium; finely chopped
- Carrot – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Celery – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Oregano – 1/4 tsp.
- Readymade pasta sauce (I used Leggos) – 300 grams
- Water – 1 cup
- Fresh basil – 1/4 cup
For the chicken balls:-
- Chicken mince – 250 grams
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Onion powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Garlic powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Paprika powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Fresh parsley – 1/4 cup
- Garlic cloves – 2 big (crushed)
- Crushed onion – 2 tbsps.
- Parmesan cheese – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Beaten egg – half of a medium
- Fresh bread – 2 small slices (churned in the mixer to get fresh bread crumbs)
- Grated cheddar cheese – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- Butter cubes – 1 tbsp.
- Cook the pasta in salted water for 10 minutes or till Al Dante. Drain all the water from the pasta and keep aside.
- Mix together all the ingredients for the chicken balls (ingredients from 1-13 written under “for the chicken balls” ) & make small balls from the mixture. Heat 2 tbsps. of olive oil in a skillet. When the oil becomes really hot, reduce heat to minimum and shallow fry the chicken balls till they turn brown in colour. Remove the balls from oil & keep them aside.
- To the same pan, add the garlic cloves and chopped onion. Fry till the onion turns translucent. Add carrot and celery and cook for 5 minutes more. Add oregano, pasta sauce, water, salt (if needed) and bring the mixture to a rolling boil. Slide in the chicken balls and cook on very low heat for 45 minutes. Add fresh basil , prepared pasta and cook for 2 minutes more. Switch off heat.
- Transfer the pasta-chicken ball mixture to an oven proof dish.
- Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and put the butter cubes here and there. Cover the dish with a foil.
- Bake at 180C for 15 minutes.