For the spinach layer:-
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Spinach – 750 grams
For the paneer-vegetable layer:-
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Paneer cubes – 200 grams/1.5 cups
- Potato – 1 cup, cut into small cubes
- Carrot – 1 big; cut into small cubes
- Coloured bell pepper – 1 cup; cubed
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
For the tomato sauce:-
- Tomato – 250 grams / 2 medium (blanched, peeled, pureed and strained)
- Butter – 2 tbsps.
- Garlic – 3 big cloves; minced
- Onion – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Sweet paprika powder – 1 tsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsps.
Cheddar cheese – 3/4 cup
- For the spinach layer, blanch the spinach in boiling water for a minute and coarsely chop. Heat butter and fry the spinach for 5 minutes. Keep aside.
- For the paneer-vegetable mixture, heat butter & fry the paneer cubes adding enough salt till golden brown in colour. Keep aside. To the same pan, add olive oil and the potato cubes, salt and pepper powder.Fry the potato cubes till they turn soft and are completely cooked. Keep the fried potato aside. Add the carrot and capsicum, and fry for 3 minutes on medium high heat. Add the fried paneer and potato cubes to the pan and mix all the veggies together. Check for salt and add more if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat butter and add the garlic and onion. Cook till the onion turns translucent. Stir in the paprika powder and cook for a minute on low heat.Add the fresh tomato puree and cook till thick. Add tomato ketchup, salt & mix.
- In a greased baking dish, put the spinach as the first layer. Pour half of the prepared tomato sauce over it. Spread the paneer-veggie mixture & pour the remaining tomato sauce over the veggies. Sprinkle grated cheddar cheese and cover the dish with a foil.
- Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
Source:- Ummi Abdulla