- Granulated white sugar – 250 grams/ 1.25 cup
- Water – 1 cup + 1/2 cup; divided
- Carrot – 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Freshly squeezed orange juice – of 4 oranges
- Freshly squeezed lemon juice – of 1 lemon
- Combine the carrots with 1/2 cup of water in a pressure cooker. Simmer for 5 minutes after the first whistle. Open the cooker when the pressures completely subside. Grind the carrot to a smooth paste. Do not discard the water used to cook the carrots.
- Combine the sugar and 1 cup of water in a medium sauce pan and cook till the sugar dissolves completely. Let this syrup cool down to room temperature. Add the orange juice, carrot puree and lemon juice.
- You can store this mixture in a glass bottle for about 1 week in the refrigerator.
- To make the juice, take 1 part of the orange-carrot mixture and mix it with 1 part of water/ aerated soda.