- Plain flour – 1.5 cups
- Baking powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 150 grams, softened
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 3 numbers, medium or 150 grams
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Orange crush – 1 tbsp.
- Orange zest – of one medium orange
- Freshly squeezed orange juice – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt & baking powder.
- Beat together the butter & powdered sugar till creamy for about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the 3 eggs one by one & beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla essence, orange crush and orange zest.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with the orange juice.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin. Bake at 180C for 30-35 minutes
- Let this cake cool down completely to room temperature before serving.