- Plain flour – 100 grams / 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Cocoa powder – 1.5 tbsp. (bit heaping)
- Salt – a pinch
- Milk – 1.5 cups
- Golden raisins/ kismis – 1/4 cup
- Rice bran oil – 3/4 cup ( I had used sunflower oil)
- Powdered sugar – 3/4 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Grease a Si ring mould with ghee and set aside.
- Sift together the plain flour, cocoa powder, salt & baking powder.
- Warm the milk in the microwave by heating it for a minute.
- Soak the raisins in the warm milk.
- Grind the raisins to a paste adding a little milk.
- Mix together the milk, raisin paste, powdered sugar, vanilla essence and rice bran oil.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture. You will get a runny batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Cook in the microwave oven on high power for 10 minutes. Open the door of the microwave only after 5 nore minutes have elapsed. Insert a skewer to check if the cake is done. Invert the cake on to a platter.
- Let this cake cool down completely to room temperature before serving. This cake is really soft and moist.
Source:- Sweets and Snacks book by Parvathy Menon