This is my most favourite dosa. It is soft, crispy, flavourful and very healthy.
- Wheat – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Shallots – 1/4 cup
- Dry red chilly – 1 number
- Curryleaves – 2 tbsps.
- Pepper – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt to taste
- Ghee/oil as needed to make the dosas.
- Wash the wheat several times under running water. Soak the wheat in water for 5-6 hours.
- Drain out all the water from the soaked wheat & grind the wheat along with coconut, shallots, curryleaves, dry red chilly, pepper and salt to a smooth paste adding water as needed.
- Add enough water to make the consistency of the batter similar to that of normal dosa batter.
- Heat a tawa till it is medium hot. Pour a ladleful of batter & spread it thin as you do for a normal dosa. Drizzle some ghee/oil along the sides of the dosa. Cook on medium heat till both the sides are browned. Sprinkle some water over the tawa before you make the second dosa; this makes it easier to spread the batter.
- Serve hot with a chutney of your choice or you can have this dosa as such.