- Wheat flour /atta – 2 cups
- All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Instant yeast – 1/2 tsp.
- Lukewarm milk– 3/4 cup or as needed
- Sugar – 1.5 heaping tsps.
- Salt – 1.25 tsp
- Thick curd – 1 heaping tsp.
- Egg – half of a small egg, lightly beaten
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Onion – 1/4 cup, very finely chopped
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- Ghee/Butter as required
- Mix together the flours, salt, instant yeast, onion, cilantro and sugar. Add oil, egg, curd & milk.
- Apply little oil on hands & knead for 10 minutes till the dough becomes soft & elastic. Apply little oil on the dough & cover it with a wet cloth.
- Cover & keep the dough aside for 1 hour / till it doubles in volume.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide it into 12 equal sized balls.
- Roll out each ball into a circle like you do for puris. Cut the rolled out circle into 4 portions/ quadrants using a sharp knife.
- Deep fry both sides in hot oil on medium heat. Drain on paper towels.
Note :- You may skip the onions and cilantro to make plain bread.