- Shallots – 1 cup, thickly sliced
- Onion – 1 cup; coarsely chopped
- Curryleaf – 3 sprigs
- Dry red chilly- 6 numbers or more
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 4 tbsps.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok & add the onions, shallots, salt to taste and curryleaves. Cook on medium heat till the onions and shallots turn golden brown in colour and the oil starts to seperate. Add the dry red chillies and fry for 2 more minutes. Let this mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Transfer this mixture to your coffee grinder and grind to a coarse paste.
Recipe source:- Suma Sivadas