Chicken chilly fry:-
- Chicken – 500 grams, boneless; cut into small cubes
- Oil – for shallow frying the chicken
- Garlic – 4 big cloves; minced
- Ginger – 1 tsp.; chopped finely
- Onion – 2 medium; coarsely chopped
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers; slit
- Red chilly powder – 1 tsp. (level)
- Soysauce – 1 tsp.
- Red Chilly sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Green chilly sauce – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 1.5- 2tbsps.
- Celery – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Spring onion – 1/4 cup; chopped
- Green capsicum – half of a medium; chopped
- Salt as needed
To marinate the chicken:-
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1.25 tsp.
- Soy sauce – 1.5 tsp.
- Egg – half of a medium egg, lightly beaten
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with pepper powder, salt, soy sauce, cornflour, egg and 1 tsp. of oil for 1-2 hours. Heat oil for shallow frying & fry the marinated chicken pieces till lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and keep aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan & to the same oil used for frying the chicken, add the chopped ginger and garlic. Cook till they are lightly browned. Stir in the onions & greenchillies. Cook till the onions are lightly browned.
- Add the red chilly powder and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Stir in the chilly sauce, soy sauce and tomato ketchup. Cook for a minute on low heat.
- Stir in the chicken pieces, capsicum, celery and chopped spring onions. Cover cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
Chicken chilly fusion pulao:-
- Basmathi Rice – 1.5 cups
- Ghee – 1.5 tbsps.
- Water – 3 cups (boiling)
- Salt and pepper powder – to taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp.+ 1 tsp; divided
- Hardboiled eggs – 2 numbers, halved
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Chicken chilly fry – 1 cup (Shred the chicken slightly)
- Ginger – 1 tsp.
- Garlic – 4 big cloves; finely chopped
- Onion – 1 medium; finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 number; finely chopped
- Fine french beans – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Carrot – 1 number; big; coarsely chopped
- Green Capsicum – 1/2 cup
- Celery – 3 tbsps. (finely chopped)
- Spring onion ( white part ) – 2 tbsp
- Spring onion ( green part) – 1/4 cup
- Soy sauce – 1.5 tbsp
- Green chilly sauce – 1 tsp.
- Soak basmathi rice for 30 minutes and drain. Heat 1.5 tbsps. of ghee and saute the rice till opaque. Boil 3 cups of water.Pour the boiling water into the rice and add 1.5 tsps. salt and bring to a second boil. Cover cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Keep covered for another 10 minutes.
- Combine the carrot and beans in your pressure cooker. Add 2 tbsps. of water and 1/4 tsp. of salt. Cook for 1 whistle on high heat. Open the cooker once the pressures subside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil & add the ginger, garlic and greenchilly. Cook till you get a nice aroma. Add the onion and cook till lightly browned.
- Add the chopped capsicum & fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Stir in the sauces and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Add the cooked carrot, beans, celery, spring onion and chicken chilly fry. Mix well.
- Add this to the cooked rice and mix.
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil in another pan & add 1/4 tsp. of turmeric powder, 2 pinches of salt and 1/2 tsp. of red chilly powder. Fry the eggs in this oil.
- Serve the rice hot with the fried eggs.