- Instant oats– 1.5 cups
- Urad dal – 1/2 cup
- Methi seeds /Uluva – 1/2 tsp.
- White rice – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Water- as needed to make the batter
- Wash the rice well & soak it in enough water for 5-6 hours.
- Wash & soak the urad dal and methi seeds seperately in lots of water for 5-6 hours. Do not discard this water as we will be using this water for grinding rice & dal.
- Soak the oats in 1 cup of water for 1 hour.
- Drain all the water from the rice & discard this water.
- Drain all the water from the urad dal & keep aside.
- Grind the urad dal to a very smooth paste adding the water it was soaked in. Transfer the ground urad dal paste to a big vessel.
- Grind the oats to a smooth paste and mix it with the urad dal paste.
- Grind the rice to a smooth paste adding the water used for soaking the urad dal.
- Transfer the ground rice to the vessel with the urad dal-oats paste. Mix these three pastes together with your hands. Please don’t use a spoon.
- Add salt & mix well. The batter should be thick but when you take a little batter with your fingers & drop it from a height it should flow in a steady stream. If the batter breaks into smaller portions & falls it means that your batter is too thick. In that case add more water.
- Cover the batter & keep it undisturbed in a warm place for 8 hours. Do not allow this batter to ferment for more than 10 hours.
- To make the dosa, add a little water to the fermented batter so that you can spread it on the tawa.
- Heat a tawa till it becomes moderately hot. Pour a ladleful of batter over the tawa & flatten it like you do for paper dosa.
- Put little ghee/oil around the edges & flip the dosa. Cook the other side of the dosa.
- Serve piping hot with coconut chutney.
Recipe source:- showmethecurry.com