For the pastry shell:-
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cups
- Dalda – 3/4 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 2 tbsps.
- Ice water – as needed to make the dough
For the filling:-
- Carrot – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- French beans – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Cabbage – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Potato – 1/2 cup; cut into small cubes
- Green peas – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tbsps.
- Onion – 1 cup; finely chopped
- Ginger – 1 tsp.; minced
- Greenchilly – 2 numbers; finely chopped
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Red chilly powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup; chopped
- Garam masala powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Lime juice – 2 to 3 drops
- Salt to taste
- Mix together the flour, salt, dalda and tomato ketchup. Add ice water so that the whole thing comes together in the form of a dough. Cover this dough with a wet cloth and keep it aside for 30 minutes. While the dough is resting, prepare the filling.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Combine the peas and potato in a pressure cooker. Add 2 tbsps.of water and 1/4 tsp. of salt. Cook for 2 whistles on high heat.Open the cooker when the pressures completely subside.
- In a broad non-stick pan, heat oil & fry the cabbage, beans and carrot for a minute on high heat. Add salt & 2 tbsps. of water & cover cook on low heat for 5 minutes or till the veggies are soft. Transfer the veggies to a plate & keep aside.
- To the same pan, add the chopped onions, greenchilly and ginger. Sprinkle some salt & cook till the onion turns golden brown in colour. Stir in the turmeric powder and red chilly powder. Add the cooked veggies, potato, peas, garam masala powder and cilantro. Check for salt & add more if needed. Remove from heat. Add the lime juice, pepper powder & mix. Let this cool down to room temperature.
- Take the dough & roll it out to 1/4″ thickness on a floured surface. Cut out circles from the rolled out dough with a sharp lid. Press half of the circles on to the base of mini tart moulds. Place the vegetable stuffing inside & cover with another rolled out dough circle. Press the edges with a fork. Also prick on top of the pie so that steam could escape.
- Place the mini tart moulds on a baking tray. Bake at 200C for 10 minutes and at 180C for 15 minutes or till golden brown in colour.
- Let cool completely before serving.
Recipe source:- Ruchibhedam, ACV