- Plain flour – 150 grams / 1.5 cups
- Butter – 100 grams, softened
- Orange zest – 1 tsp.
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Granulated white sugar –200 grams/ 1 cup
- Low fat milk – 1 cup
- White vinegar – 2 tbsps.
- Baking soda – 2 tsps.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Chopped nuts – 1/4 cup
- Golden raisins – 1/4 cup; soaked in hot water for 1 hour and drained
- Chocolate chips – 1/3 cup or 50 grams
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Prepare a ring mould and keep aside.
- Mix together the plain flour, salt, white sugar, orange zest, powdered cinnamon, salt & butter till the whole thing resembles coarse bread crumbs.
- Mix together the milk, vinegar, essence and baking soda.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients & pour the combined liquid ingredients into the well.
- Beat the mixture well with a hand blender till the sugar dissolves completely. Initially the mixture would be watery but later on it would turn thick.
- Fold in the nuts, raisins and chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin. Bake at 180C for 45 minutes
- Let this cake cool down completely to room temperature before serving. This is a very moist and soft cake.