- Arrowroot powder – 3/4 cup, mixed with a little water to make a smooth paste
- Grated coconut – 1.5 cups
- Water – 1.5 cups
- Jaggery/Sugar – 1/2 – 3/4 cup
- Kerala banana – 1 medium, chopped (really ripe)
- Ghee – 1 tsp.
- Coconut cuts – 2 tbsps.
- Powdered cardamom – 1/2 tsp.
- Add a little water (from the 1.5 cups) to the grated coconut & extract coconut milk from it. Mix the extracted coconut milk with the remaining water. Add arrowroot powder, grated jaggery/sugar and kerala banana to the coconut milk & mix.
- In a broad non-stick pan, heat ghee & fry the coconut cuts. Add the prepared arrowroot-jaggery mixture & mix on low heat till the whole thing comes together like the last stage of a halwa. Add cardamom powder & mix.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased plate & flatten with a spatula.
- Let cool completely. Cut into squares/desired shapes & serve.