- Semolina – 2 cups (coarse)
- Dessicated coconut – 2 cups
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking powder – 1 tsp.
- Butter – 200 grams
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 4 numbers; yolks and whites seperated.
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Coconut essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Milk – 1/4 cup
- Mix together the semolina, coconut powder, salt & baking powder.
- Beat the 4 egg whites till they hold stiff peaks.
- Beat together the butter & castor sugar till creamy for about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the 4 egg yolks, one by one & beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla essence and coconut essence.
- Fold in the dry ingredients alternated with the milk.
- Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into a prepared Bundt pan, cover with foil & refrigerate the batter overnight.
- Bake at 180C in a preheated oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Let this cake cool down completely to room temperature before serving.
Source :- Food diaries by Zarnak Sidhwa