- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Roasted white sesame seeds – 1 cup
- Baking Soda – 3/4 tsp.
- Salt – 1/8 tsp.
- Salted butter spread at room temperature – 1/3 cup
- Jaggery/ Brown sugar – 1 cup
- Ripe bananas mashed well – 1 and 1/2 cups (I used 3 big Chiquita bananas)
- Eggs at room temperature,beaten lightly – 2
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Thick full fat curd – 1/4 cup
For the lemon glaze:-
- Icing sugar – 1 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – of half a lemon
- Water – 1 tbsp.
- Preheat the oven to 180⁰C.
- Grease and lightly flour a loaf tin.
- Sift together the flours, baking soda, toasted sesame seeds and salt.Keep it aside.
- In another bowl,beat together butter and sugar on a medium speed ,until creamy. Add eggs into it one by one and beat until soft. Stir in the vanilla extract. Add banana and thick curd and beat until they are just combined.Now add the flour mixture and fold it lightly.The batter should be slightly lumpy.
- Pour the prepared batter into the loaf tin.
- Bake at 180C for 40 minutes and at 160C for 10 minutes. Let the cake cool completely.
- For the lemon glaze, combine the icing sugar, brown sugar/jaggery, water and lemon juice in a medium sauce pan & cook till the sugar dissolves completely. Pour this glaze over the cake. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of toasted sesame seeds over the glaze.