- Sugar – 2 cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Boiling water – 3/4 cup
- Semolina– 1.5 cup
- Ghee – 1/2-3/4 cup
- Boiling milk – 2.5 cups
- Cardamom powder – 1/2 tsp
- Cashews as needed
- Raisins as needed
- First we have to prepare the caramel. Mix together 2 cups of sugar and 1 cup of water. Cook till the syrup turns golden brown in colour. Add 3/4 cup of boiling water, mix well and remove from heat. Keep this caramel syrup aside.
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottomed wok. Add the rava & fry till golden brown for 7 minutes.
- Add 2.5 cups of boiling milk to the rava & mix. Cook the rava on low heat till dry. Add the caramel syrup and cook till the mixture starts to leave the sides of the wok..
- Add the cardamom powder, toasted cashews & raisins.Transfer the mixture to a tray.
- Let cool completely. Cut into desired shapes & serve.