This curry goes well with pathiri, rice and chapathi.
- Grated coconut – 2 cups
- Drumstick leaves – 3 cups
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsps.
- Cardamom – 1 number
- Cloves – 2 numbers
- Cinnamon – one 1″ piece
- Onion – 1 big/ 1 cup
- Curry leaf – 2 sprigs
- Ginger – 1/2″ piece
- Greenchilly -3 numbers
- Cilantro – 2 tbsps.
- Extract 2 cups of thin coconut milk & 1 cup of thick coconut milk from the grated coconut.
- Grind together the greenchillies, ginger, cilantro and curry leaves to a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tbsps. of coconut oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add the whole spices and stir in the thinly sliced onion.Fry till the onion turns translucent.
- Add the ground green paste and cook for 7 minutes till the oil starts to separate.
- Add the drumstick leaves and salt. Cook for 5 minutes on medium high heat till the leaves are wilted.
- Add the thin coconut milk and let it boil. Cook on medium heat for 15 minutes or till the gravy turns really thick.
- Remove from heat and add the thick coconut milk.
- Serve hot with chapathi/ pathiri/rice.