- Coarse Semolina – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Baking soda – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 50 grams, softened
- Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 number, large
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Whole milk – 1/4 cup
For the syrup:-
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Honey- 1/4 cup
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mix together the semolina, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Beat together the butter & powdered sugar till creamy for about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with the milk.
- Pour the batter into a prepared cake tin. Bake at 180C for 20-25 minutes or till the cake starts to pull away from the sides of the pan. While the cake is baking, prepare the sugar honey syrup.
- Combine the sugar, honey, water and lemon juice in a medium saucepan. Cook till the sugar dissolves and the syrup turns a bit thick.
- Pour the warm syrup over the hot cake.
- Let the cake cool completely before cutting into squares.