- Wheat flour – 1 c
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Dried ginger powder -1/4- 1/2 tsp.
- Cinnamon powder – 1/2 tsp
- Nutmeg powder – a pinch
- Fresh ginger – 1 tsp; grated
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter ( at room temperature) – 100 grams
- Brown sugar – 1/4 c
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1/4 c
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Chopped walnuts – 1/3 cup
- Prepare a 5″ diameter ring mould and set it aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the wheat flour, baking powder, cinnamon powder, dry ginger powder, grated numeg and salt.
- Beat the butter and sugar with a hand mixer till creamy. Add the condensed milk and beat well for a good 10 minutes to get that spongy texture.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with the milk.
- Fold in the walnuts and grated ginger.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake at 180C for 25-30 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Serve warm or let cool completely and enjoy with tea/ coffee.
Source:- Tarla Dalal