- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Butter – 75 grams, softened
- Caster sugar – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Egg – 1/2 of a medium sized egg
- Ajwain – as required
- Sift together the plain flour and salt. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter & caster sugar till creamy & light. Beat in the egg.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture. You should get a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough to a circle of 1/4″ thickness with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle the ajwain on top & press lightly with rolling pin.
- Cut out cookies with a 2″ circle shaped cookie cutter.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Place the cookies on a baking tray. Refrigerate the cookies for 30 minutes.
- Beat the remaining egg with 1 tsp. of milk. Apply egg wash on top of the cookies.
- Bake the cookies at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving.