For the corn rotis:-
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Corn meal ( I used Nirapara corn puttu podi) – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Oil – 2 tbsps.
- Lukewarm water – as needed
For the Red rice:-
- Basmathi Rice – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup
- Olive oil – 1/2 tbsp. + 1.5 tbsps; divided
- Boiling water – 1 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Tomato – 1 big
- Fresh red chili – 2-3 numbers
- Red capsicum – 1/2 of a medium
- Garlic – 3 big cloves; minced
- Onion – 2 numbers; medium; finely chopped
- Paprika powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/4 tsp.
For the grilled vegetables:-
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp.
- Carrot – 1 big, cut into diamonds
- Green capsicum – 1/2 a medium
- Onion –1 medium; cut into bite size squares
- Broccoli florets – 1 cup
- Red chilli flakes – 1/2 tsp.
- salt to taste
- Fresh basil – 1 tbsp
- Dried oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Red chilly sauce – 1 tbsp.
For the corn rotis:-
- Mix together the corn meal, plain flour, oil, salt & lukewarm water to make a soft dough.
- Keep covered with a damp cloth for 15 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Shape each portion into a ball & make rotis as usual.
- Keep the cooked rotis warm by wrapping them with foil.
For the red rice
- Wash the rice several times under running water & soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Drain the water completely from the rice. Heat olive oil in a pan & add the chopped cilantro and the rice. Fry till it turns opaque. Pour 1 cup of boiling water & add 1/2 tsp of salt. Cover cook on low heat for 10 minutes. Keep the rice undisturbed for 10 minutes more.
- Grill the tomato, capsicum and red chilli on fire directly and cook till charred spots appear all over. Grind the grilled tomato, capsicum and red chilly to a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Heat 1.5 tbsps. of olive oil in a pan & add the minced garlic. Stir in the onions & cook till golden brown in colour. Add the paprika powder and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Add the ground tomato-chilli paste and salt. Cook till oil starts to separate. Add the cooked rice, cumin powder and toss. Check for salt & add more if needed.
For the grilled veggies:-
- Mix together the olive oil and the veggies.
- Heat a grill pan. Grill the veggies on high heat till charred spots appear. Season with salt, chilli flakes, oregano and basil. Remove from the pan. Add 1 tbsp. of chilli sauce & mix.
Assembling the wraps:-
- Take a cooked corn roti and spread the spicy red rice all over it. Spread the grilled veggies in a row.
- Roll the roti tightly. Drizzle few drops of Tabasco sauce if needed.
- Serve immediately.
Source:- Sanjeev Kapoor