- Plain flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking soda – 1/2 tsp.
- Salted butter – 100 grams, softened
- Castor sugar – 1/4 cup
- Brown sugar – 3/4 cup; packed
- Eggs – 2 numbers, medium
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Butterscotch essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Chopped almonds – 1/3 cup
- Mini dark chocolate chips – 3/4 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour & baking soda.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar & castor sugar till creamy for about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the 2 eggs one by one & beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla essence and butterscotch essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a prepared 9″ brownie pan. Bake at 180C for 30 minutes.
- Let cool down completely to room temperature before cutting into bars.