For the veggie besan cheelas:-
- Besan – 3/4 cup
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt – as needed
- Greenchilly – 1 number; finely chopped
- Green capsicum – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Tomato – 1/2 cup; deseeded and finely chopped
- Mushroom – 1/2 cup, thinly sliced
- Pepper powder – 1/4-1/2 tsp.
- Spinach – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Oil – as needed
For the stuffing:-
Left over potato bhaji/ chicken /both mixed together – as needed
- Heat 1 tsp. of oil & fry the mushrooms adding salt and pepper powder till dry.
- Add water to besan to get a batter having the consistency of dosa batter.
- Add mushroom, capsicum, tomato and greenchilly to this batter & mix.
- Heat a non-stick pan till it becomes medium hot. Pour a ladleful of batter & spread it thin like you do for normal dosas. Drizzle little oil along the sides and cover cook on medium heat till the underside is browned.
- Flip, press the cheela with a spoon and cook the other side too.
- Repeat with the remaining batter to make more cheelas.
- Put the stuffing in a row on the cooked cheela.
- Roll tightly and serve immediately with green chutney.
Source:- Vanitha Magazine