- Basmathi rice – 2 cups
- Cloves – 2 numbers
- Cinnamon – 1″ piece
- Cardamom – 3 numbers
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 2 medium, thinly sliced
- Garlic – 3 big cloves
- Beans – 1/2 cup; finely chopped
- Mint- 2 tbsps.
- Cilantro – 2 tbsps.
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Salt – 2 tsps. or as per taste
For the green masala:-
- Cilantro/malliyila – 1 cup (tightly packed)
- Mint leaves – 1/4 cup (tightly packed)
- Greenchilly – 3-4 numbers
- Garlic – 2 big cloves
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain out all the water from the rice & keep aside.
- Extract thin and thick coconut milk from the grated coconut.
- Grind together the cilantro, mint, greenchilly and garlic adding a little water to a smooth paste. Add this paste to the coconut milk & strain.You should have 4 cups of light green coconut milk.Keep aside.
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee in a pan, add all the whole spices & cook till they turn plump.
- Stir in the sliced onions & minced garlic. Cook till the onion turns golden brown in colour.
- Add the beans & cook for 3 minutes on medium high heat.
- Add the rice, mint, cilantro & fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the boiling coconut milk mixture + 2 tsps of salt. Cover cook on low heat for 10 minutes or till dry.
- Serve hot with chicken tikka or grilled meat of your choice.