- Plain flour –1.5 cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp.
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter– 150 grams, softened
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 2 numbers, big
- Coconut essence – 1 tsp.
- Mango pulp ( I used ready-made Alphonso Mango pulp) – 1 cup
- Thick buttermilk – 1 to 1.5 cups
- Chopped walnuts – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt & baking soda.
- Beat together the butter & castor sugar till creamy for about 10 minutes.
- Beat in the 2 eggs one by one & beat well after each addition. Beat in the coconut essence and mango pulp.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture alternated with the buttermilk.The batter should be thick but should have a pouring consistency. Use the buttermilk accordingly.
- Fold in the chopped walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a 9″ cake tin. Bake at 180C for 35-40 minutes..