For the brownie batter:-
- Unsalted butter – 150 g.
- Grated chocolate ( I used milk chocolate) – 100 grams
- Caster sugar – 1 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder ( I used Cadbury’s) – 1 level tbsp.
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Instant coffee powder ( I used Bru) – 1 tsp.
- Coconut essence – 1 tsp
- Eggs –3 numbers
- All-purpose flour – 1 cup
For the coconut filling:-
- Desiccated coconut – 2 cups
- Sweetened condensed milk – 1 cup
For the ganache
- Dark chocolate – 1/2 cup
- Thick cream – 1/2 cup
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line the bottom and sides of an 8×8″ baking pan with parchment paper or foil, leaving an overhang on two opposite sides.
- Combine the butter, grated chocolate, cocoa, and salt in a medium heatproof bowl and set the bowl in a wide skillet of barely simmering water. Stir from time to time until the butter is melted and the mixture is smooth and hot . Remove the bowl from the skillet and set aside briefly until the mixture is only warm, not hot.
- Add the sugar and coffee powder & mix till the sugar dissolves completely. Add the eggs one at a time, stirring vigorously after each one. Stir in the coconut essence.
- When the batter looks thick, shiny, and well blended, add the flour and stir until you cannot see it any longer. Spread evenly in the lined pan.
- Bake until a toothpick plunged into the center emerges slightly moist with batter, around 30 minutes . Let cool down completely to room temperature.
- Mix condensed milk and the desiccated coconut and spread evenly on top of the cooled brownie.
- To prepare the ganache, place the dark chocolate chips in a heat proof bowl. Bring the cream to a scalding point & pour over the chocolate. Mix till the mixture is smooth & the chocolate is completely melted.
- Pour the ganache over the coconut mixture.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or till set.
- Lift up the ends of the parchment or foil liner, and transfer the brownies to a cutting board. Cut into squares
Source:- Masala Mornings