- Bombay Rava – 1/2 cup
- Ghee – 1/2 cup; measured after melting
- Boiling thin coconut milk – 2.5 cups
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- salt – a pinch
- Coconut essence – 1/4 tsp.
- Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
- Cashews – 25 grams
- Heat the ghee in a thick bottomed vessel. Add the cashews and fry till they turn golden brown in colour. Remove cashews from the ghee & keep aside for granish.
- Add rava to the same ghee & fry till golden brown for 7 minutes.
- Add 2.5 cups of boiling thin coconut milk to the rava & mix. Cover the wok & cook the rava on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add sugar & grated coconut. Mix well for 5 minutes / till it reaches the Halwa stage.
- Finally add the salt, cardamom powder & coconut essence & mix.
- Transfer the rava mixture to a square/ rectangular pan.
- Garnish with the toasted cashews.
- Let cool completely. Cut into desired shapes & serve.