- Sago pearls – 1/2 cup
- Water – 6 cups
- Kerala banana – 1 medium; steamed, halved and chopped
- Dates – 1 cup; seeded and chopped
- salt – 1/4-1/2 tsp.
- Jaggery – 1/3 cup/ you can use sugar
- Thick coconut milk – 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Soak the sago pearls in water for 3 hours and drain the water.
- Boil 6 cups of water in a wide vessel & add the sago pearls. Lower heat & partially cover cook for 10-15 minutes or till the sago pearls are cooked.
- Stir in the chopped banana and dates & cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the jaggery and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Finally add the thick coconut milk, cardamom powder and salt. Remove from heat.