This recipe will make 4 burgers.
For the burger patties:-
- Chicken mince – 250 grams
- Cornstarch – 1/2 heaping tbsp.
- Pepper powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Paprika powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Chopped celery – 1 tbsp.
- Onion – 1/4 cup
- Garlic powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Salt – 1 tsp. (approx.)
- Bread slice – 1 number
- Oil – 1/4 cup; for shallow frying the patties
For the Creamy barbeque sauce:-
- Mayonnaise – 4 tbsps.
- Barbeque sauce – 1 tbsp. ( I used Noor Chilly Barbeque sauce)
- Thick cream – 1.5 tbsp.
For assembling the burger:-
- Burger bun –4 numbers
- Butter – as needed
- Cheddar Cheese slices – 4 numbers
- Lettuce leaf – 4 numbers ( immersed in ice water)
- Caramelised onion rings – as needed
- Mushroom- 1.5 cups (measured before cooking) ; sautéed in butter with salt & pepper powder till done
Let’s make the patties first
- Pulse the chicken mince with onion, garlic powder, bread, cornstarch, celery, pepper powder, paprika powder and salt by using a food processor.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 3″diameter and 1 cm thickness. There is no need to crumb these patties.
- Heat 4 tbsps. of oil in a broad pan and shallow-fry each patty till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the Creamy barbeque sauce
Mix together all the ingredients written under “for the Creamy barbeque sauce“.
To assemble the burger
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the inside of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tawa (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the mayo-barbeque spread on the buttered side of all the bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf and a patty over it. Spread the cooked mushrooms over the patty. Place a cheese slice over the mushrooms.
- Place caramelised onion rings over the cheese slice and cover with upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.