For the crunchy corn flakes layer:-
- Corn flakes – 3/4 cup; coarsely crushed
- Grated coconut – 1/2 cup
- Brown sugar – 1/2 cup.; packed
- Unsweetened cocoa powder – 1 tbsp.
- Plain flour – 3/4 cup
- Baking powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Melted butter – 87 grams
For the chocolate icing:-
- Butter – 10 grams,softened
- Cocoa powder – 1.5 level tbsps.
- Icing sugar –3/4 cup; sifted
- Lukewarm water – 1.5 to 2 tbsps.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Toast 1/2 cup of freshly grated coconut in a pan till lightly browned and keep it aside.
- Mix together the corn crumbs, toasted coconut, cocoa powder, brown sugar, plain flour, baking powder, melted butter & press down the mixture very well on to the base of a 2 lb. loaf pan lined with foil. Bake at 180C for 15 minutes. While the bar is baking, prepare the icing for the bars.
- For the icing, mix the icing sugar, cocoa powder and butter in a small bowl. Add lukewarm water to make a smooth paste.
- Apply the icing as soon as the bar is out of the oven and spread it out evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes or till set.
- Cut into bars or squares.