For the rice:-
- Basmathi Rice – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 tbsp.
- Boiling water – 4 cups
- Salt – to taste or around 2 tsps.
For the paneer pineapple mixture:-
- Oil – 1 tbsp.
- Butter – 2 tbsps.
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp.
- Ginger – 1 tsp; made into a paste
- Garlic – 4 big; made into a paste
- Onion – 1.75 cups, finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 big, slit
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1/2-1 tsp.
- Garam masala powder – 3/4 tsp.
- Green peas –1 cup (cooked with salt)
- Paneer cubes- 200 grams/ 1 cup (or use less if you are not a paneer lover)
- Salt to taste
- Fresh pineapple cubes – 1/2 cup
- Cilantro – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Lime juice – 1 tbsp.
Let’s make the rice first.
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain out all the water from the rice & keep the it aside.
- Heat the ghee and oil in a broad non-stick pan.
- Add the rice and fry on medium high heat for 3-4 minutes.
- Pour the boiling water + salt & cover cook on medium low heat for 10 minutes.
Let’s prepare the vegetable masala next:-
- Heat the oil and butter in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds. Allow them to crackle. Stir in the ginger and garlic paste and cook till you get a very nice aroma. Add the onions & slit greenchilly and cook till the onions turn golden brown in colour.
- Add the kashmiri chilly powder and cook for a minute on low heat.
- Add the paneer cubes and the boiled peas. Fry for 5 minutes on medium heat adding salt.
Let’s prepare the pulao :-
Add the cooked rice, pineapple cubes, garam masala powder, cilantro and lime juice. Mix well and switch off heat.