For cooking the prawns
- Prawns – 200 grams, shelled and deveined
- Water – 2 tbsps.
- Garlic – 3 big cloves, chopped
- Celery – 1 tbsp.; chopped
- Bayleaf – 1 number
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cilantro – 2 tbsps.
To be mixed together
- Cabbage – 3/4 cup; finely chopped
- Celery – 2 tbsps; finely chopped
- Spring onion – 2 tbsps; finely chopped
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- Thick cream – 1/4 cup
- Walnuts – 1/4 cup; coarsely chopped
- Mushroom – 1.5 cup; sautéed with salt and pepper till done
- Parmesan cheese – 1 tbsp.
- Crusty bread – 1/2 cup; cut into cubes
- salt to taste
For the topping:-
- Corn crumbs – 1 cup or 24 grams
- Grated cheese – 1/2 cup ( I used cheddar cheese)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Cook the prawns adding water, salt, garlic, bay leaf, celery, cilantro, salt & pepper powder. The water should completely evaporate. Let the prawns cool down to room temperature.
- Mix together the cooked prawns, mayonnaise, thick cream, celery, spring onions, chopped cabbage, walnuts, salt, parmesan cheese, bread cubes, cooked mushrooms and mix. This mixture should not be too dry. Transfer the mixture to a baking dish.
- Mix together the corn crumbs and cheese. Sprinkle this mixture over the prawns layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180C for 15 minutes or till the cheese is melted and the crust is crispy.
- Serve hot.