Mushroom ( I used button mushrooms) – 20 numbers
Salt to taste
For the filling:-
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 2 big cloves
- Green peas – 1/4 cup; boiled and mashed
- Broccoli florets – 1/4 cup
- Grated parmesan cheese – 2 heaping tbsps.
- Salt and pepper powder to taste
- Cilantro – 2 tbsps; chopped
- Plain flour – 1/2 cup
- Salt – 1/2 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Egg – 1 medium; beaten
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- White sesame seeds – 1 tbsp.
- Toothpick – 10 numbers
- Oil to deep fry
- Boil some water in a pot and add salt. Put the mushrooms into the boiling water and cook for 2 minutes on high heat. Drain water from the mushrooms & carefully pull out the stems of the mushrooms without tearing their cap.
- Mix together the plain flour, 1/2 tsp. of salt and pepper powder and keep this aside.
- Mix together the bread crumbs and sesame seeds. Spread this mixture on a platter.
- To make the filling, boil some water in a pot and add a pinch of baking soda and enough salt. Blanch the broccoli florets for a minute. Transfer the blanched broccoli to cold water, squeeze out water & chop them finely. Heat butter in a broad non-stick pan and add garlic. Cook till the garlic starts to brown. Stir in the broccoli, mashed peas, cilantro, parmesan cheese, pepper powder and salt. Cook for 2 minutes till dry on high heat. The filling has to be salty. Let this cool down to room temperature.
- Stuff the mushroom caps with the filling. Take 2 mushroom caps and secure the open ends of the mushroom caps with a toothpick. Roll in the dry flour mixture, dip in beaten egg & roll in bread crumbs. Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown in colour. Repeat with the other mushroom caps.
- Garnish with cheese and olives and serve hot with a dip of your choice.