For the chicken chilly
- Chicken – 250 grams, boneless; cut into small cubes
- Oil – for shallow frying the chicken
- Onion – 1 medium; cut into bite size cubes
- Green capsicum – half of a medium; chopped
- Garlic – 3 big cloves; minced
- Eastern chilly chicken masala – 1/2 level tbsp.
- Soy sauce – 1/2 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup with Sriracha flavour – 1 tbsp.
- Chilly garlic sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Water – 1 cup
- Cornflour – 1 level tbsps. mixed with 1/4 cup of water
- Salt as needed
- Green part of spring onions – 3 numbers; chopped
To marinate the chicken:-
- Eastern chilly chicken masala – 3/4 heaping tbsps.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Soy sauce – 3/4 tsp.
- Egg – quarter of a medium egg, lightly beaten
- Cornflour – 1 tbsp.
For the garlic rice:-
- Basmathi rice – 1.5 cups
- Salt – 1 tsp.
- Boiling water – 3 cups
- oil – 1 tbsp.+1 tbsp.;divided
- Garlic – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Soy sauce – 2 tbsps.
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
For the tangy mayo sauce:-
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
- White vinegar – 2 tbsps.
- Sweet and hot chilly sauce – 2 tbsps.
Make the chicken chilly first:-
- Marinate the chicken pieces with chilly chicken masala powder, salt, soy sauce, cornflour, egg and 1 tsp. of oil for 1-2 hours. Heat oil for shallow frying & fry the marinated chicken pieces till lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and keep aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan & to the same oil used for frying the chicken, add the chopped garlic. Cook till it starts to change colour to brown. Add the chilly chicken masala powder and cook for a minute on low heat. Stir in the chilly sauce, soy sauce , sriracha flavoured tomato ketchup and tomato ketchup. Cook for a minute on low heat. Add 1 cup of water and bring the mixture to a boil. Check for salt & add more if needed. Stir in the chicken pieces. Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in another pan & fry the capsicum & onion cubes for 2 minutes on medium high heat. Add this to the chicken & simmer for 2 minutes more. Add the green part of spring onionbs and mix.
Next make the garlic rice:-
- Soak the rice in water for 30 minutes. Drain out all the water from the rice.
- Heat oil. Add the rice and fry till the rice turns opaque.
- Add the boiling water and salt to the rice. Bring to a second boil, lower heat and cover cook till the rice is soft and all the water is absorbed.
- Heat 1 tbsp. of oil in a pan & fry the chopped garlic till lightly browned. Add the soy sauce, pepper powder and cooked rice and toss to combine.
Make the chilly tangy mayo sauce:-
Combine the mayo, vinegar and chilly sauce
Assemble the sizzler:
- Heat a sizzler plate over an open flame till it is red-hot.
- Place the prepared garlic rice on one side of the sizzler plate and the chicken chilly on the other side.
- Finally, drizzle the tangy mayo sauce on the top.