For the base layer:-
- Chocolate cream biscuits – 1.25 cup
- Melted butter – 40 grams
For the malty cheese layer:-
- Philadelphia cream cheese – 200 grams
- Caster sugar – 1/2 cup
- Malt powder – 1/2 cup ( I used Horlicks with chocolate flavour)
- Eggs – 2 numbers, medium
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Thick cream – 1/2 cup
- Milk chocolate chips – 1/4 cup (melted)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Process the biscuits in a food processor to get coarse crumbs. Add the melted butter & mix. Press this mixture on to the base of a square tin lined with greased parchment paper. Bake at 180C for 10 minutes. Set the base aside to cool.
- Beat together the castor sugar, cream cheese, cream, eggs, lemon juice, malt powder & vanilla essence till smooth. Remove 1/4th of this mixture into a bowl and keep aside.
- Pour the remaining mixture over the base.
- Mix the reserved mixture with the melted chocolate.
- Drop the chocolate malt mixture here and there and swirl with a knife to give marble effect. (It is better to use plain Horlicks to see the marbled effect.)
- Bake at 180C for 45 minutes.Let cool down completely to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Cut into bars.