- Instant noodles boiled with salt – 1 small packet
- Gram flour/ Besan – 1/4 cup
- Rice flour – 1/4 cup ( I used Idiyappa podi)
- Cornflour – 1.5 heaping tbsps.
- Baking powder – 1/4 heaping tsp.
- Salt – 1/2 to 3/4 tsp.
- Spring onion – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Onion – 1 tbsp; finely chopped
- Chopped cilantro – 1 tbsp.
- Sweet corn – 1/4 cup ( I used tinned sweet corn)
- Green capsicum – 1/4 cup; finely chopped
- Greenchilly – 1 to 2 numbers; finely chopped
- Oil as needed for deep-frying
- Mix the rice flour, corn flour and besan in a medium mixing bowl. Add enough water to make a thick batter. Stir in baking powder and salt & mix. The batter should be a bit salty.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, cilantro, onion, greenchilly, capsicum, boiled noodles and mix. Take care not to mash the noodles as you mix.
- Heat oil for deep-frying. Lower the heat to minimum when the oil becomes really hot. Make lime sized balls from the noodle mixture & drop them carefully into the hot oil. Fry on medium heat till golden brown and crisp.
- Serve hot.
Note:- Never mash the noodles at any point.