This recipe will make 6 burgers.
For the burger patties:-
- Chicken mince – 500 grams
- Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Paprika powder – 1 tsp.
- Oregano – 1/2 tsp.
- Mustard paste – 1/2 heaping tbsp.
- Thick cream – 1 tbsp.
- Garlic – 4 big cloves
- Thyme – 1/4 tsp.
- Onion – 1/4 cup (ground to paste in the mixer/grinder)
- Salt – 1.5 to 1.75 tsp. (approx.)
- Egg- 1/2 a medium; beaten
- Plain flour – 1/2 cup
- Oil – 1/4 cup; for shallow frying the patties
For the coleslaw:-
- Cabbage – 1 cup; shredded
- Carrot – 1/2 cup; grated
- Mayo – 3 tbsps.
- pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
For the lemon mayo sauce:-
- Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup.
- Thick cream – 1 tbsp.
- Lemon juice – 1 tbsp.
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Salt if needed
For assembling the burger:-
- Burger bun –6 numbers
- Butter – as needed
- Cheddar Cheese slices – 6 numbers
- Onion rings – as needed, pan fried in oil till pink
Let’s make the patties first
- Pulse the chicken mince with onion, garlic, thyme, oregano, mustard paste, pepper powder, paprika powder, cream and salt by using a food processor. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl. Add the beaten egg and plain flour and mix just to combine all the ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape each portion into a circle of 3″diameter and 1 cm thickness.
- Heat 4 tbsps. of oil in a broad pan and shallow-fry each patty till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides. Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
For the Creamy barbeque sauce
Mix together all the ingredients written under “for the lemon mayo sauce“.
For the coleslaw
Mix together all the ingredients written under “for the coleslaw“.
To assemble the burger
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the inside of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tawa (griddle). Keep aside.
- Apply 1 tbsp of the coleslaw on the buttered side of all the lower bun halves.
- Apply lemon mayo sauce on the buttered side of all the upper bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the buttered-spread side facing up.
- Place a patty over it. Place a cheese slice over the patty.
- Place onion rings over the cheese slice and cover with upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 5 more burgers.