- Bread – 6 slices; cut into 1″ cubes (don’t discard the brown edge)
- Chiquita Banana – 3 big or 4 small (very ripe)
- Sweet condensed milk – 200 grams or 1/2 a tin
- Sugar – 1/4 cup
- Egg – 2 numbers
- Vanilla essence – 3/4 tsp.
- Milk – 1 cup
- Melted butter – 25 grams./ 2 tbsps.
- Chocolate chips – 3/4 cup ( I used milk chocolate chunks)
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Mash the bananas with a fork. Add the egg, condensed milk and sugar to the mashed bananas and whisk.
- Stir in the milk, vanilla essence and melted butter.
- Add the bread cubes and mix. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Transfer the mixture to a greased pudding dish & bake at 180C for 15 minutes and then at 160C for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with a scoop of vanilla icecream.