This recipe will make 4 burgers.
For the chicken:-
- Chicken breast – 250 grams; 2 numbers
- Garlic paste – 1 tbsp.
- Salt – 3/4 tsp.
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp.
- BBQ sauce – 3 tbsps. ( I used Noor chilly BBQ sauce)
- Tomato ketchup with Sriracha flavour – 1 tbsp.
- Dry basil – 1/2 tsp.
- Olive oil – 1 tbsp. + for shallow frying the chicken pieces
For the creamy basil pesto:-
- Cream cheese – 3/4 cup ( I used Philadelphia cream cheese spread)
- Basil Pesto – 1/4 cup ( I used Sacla Italia Brand)
For assembling the burger:-
- Burger bun –4 numbers
- Butter – as needed
- Yellow/ Orange capsicum – 1 medium; julienned
- Onion – 1 medium; thinly sliced
- Cheddar Cheese slices – 4 numbers
- Tomato slices – 4 numbers
Let’s make the chicken first
- Cut each chicken breast into 2 from the middle to get 4 pieces in total. Flatten the chicken pieces using a meat hammer.
- Marinate the flattened chicken breasts with garlic paste, BBQ sauce, tomato ketchup, pepepr powder, salt, basil and 1 tbsp. of olive oil for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsps. of olive oil in a frying pan & shallow fry the chicken pieces till done on both the sides. Remove from the pan & keep aside.
For the Creamy pesto sauce
Mix together all the ingredients written under “for the creamy pesto sauce“.
To assemble the burger
- Cut each burger bun horizontally into two. Apply ½ tsp of butter on the inside of each half of the burger bun and toast them lightly on a tawa (griddle). Keep aside.
- To the same pan used for frying the chciken, add the capsicum and onions and fry for 2 minutes on medium high heat. keep aside.
- Apply creamy pesto sauce on the buttered side of all the upper bun halves.
- Place a lower half of the bun on a clean, dry surface with the pesto spread side facing up.
- Place a piece of grilled chicken over it. Place a cheese slice over the chicken.
- Place onion, capsicum and tomato slice over the cheese and cover with upper half of the bun with the buttered side facing down and press it lightly.
- Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make 3 more burgers.