Makes 16 cookies.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1/4 tsp. (heaping)
- Salt – 1/4 tsp.
- Butter – 100 grams, softened
- Castor sugar – 4 heaping tbsps.
- Egg yolk– 1 number
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Semi-sweet or milk mini chocolate chips – 3 heaping tbsps.
For the fudge filling:-
- Egg yolk – 1 number
- Icing sugar – 1 heaping tbsp.
- Cornflour – 2 level tbsps.
- Chocolate chips – 4 tbsps.
- Cream – 4 tbsps.
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Combine all the ingredients for the fudge filling in a medium saucepan & cook till the mixture turns thick and coats the back of your spoon. Let this cool down completely to room temperature.
- Sift together the plain flour, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter & castor sugar till creamy & light. Beat in the egg yolk & essence.
- Fold in the sifted flour mixture first.
- Add the chocolate chips and fold in. Refrigerate the dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Make lime sized balls from the dough & place them on a baking sheet lined with foil .
- Flatten the cookies.
- Make a pit in the center of the flattened cookies with your thumb and fill it with the cooled chocolate fudge mixture.
- Bake the fudge filled cookies at 180C for 15 minutes.
- Let cool completely. These cookies are really crunchy.