This recipe will make 6 pizza buns.
- Buns – 3 numbers
- Butter as needed
- Mayonnaise – 1/4 cup
- Sweet chilly sauce – 1 tbsp.
- Tomato ketchup – 1 tsp.
- Onion – 1 medium; thinly sliced
- Olives – 2 tbsps; thinly sliced
- Mozzarella cheese – 100 grams, grated ( I used Monte Cristo Brand)
- Oregano – as required
For the paneer-vegeatble masala :-
- Salted Butter – 2 tbsps.
- Onion – 1 cup, finely chopped
- Greenchilly -1 number, finely chopped
- Ginger garlic paste – 1/2 heaping tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Cumin powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato – 3/4 cup (chopped and pureed in the blender)
- Paneer – 1/2 cup; grated
- Spinach – 1 cup; chopped
- Red capsicum – 1/4 cup
- Carrot – 1 medium; finely chopped and steamed
- French beans – 2 tbsps.; finely chopped and steamed
- Sweet corn – 1/2 cup ( I used tinned corn)
- Pepper powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Mushrooms – 1/4 cup; thinly sliced ( I used Libbys tinned mushroom)
- Grated nutmeg – a pinch
- Salt as needed
- To prepare the vegetable mixture, heat 2 tbsps. of salted butter in a broad non-stick pan.
- Stir in the ginger garlic paste and cook for a few minutes. Now add the finely chopped onion and the slit greenchilly. Saute’ till the onion turns golden brown in colour.
- Add all the masala powders and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the fresh tomato puree and fry till oil separates.
- Stir in the chopped spinach and red capsicum. Cook till the spinach leaves wilt completely. Add the steamed carrot, beans, boiled sweet corn, mushrooms, grated paneer, grated nutmeg, pepper powder and mix. Check for salt and add more if needed. Let this mixture cool down to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 200C.
- Mix together the mayonnaise, ketchup and chilly sauce and keep aside.
- Cut each bun into half horizontally and apply butter on the bun halves. Toast them till golden brown and crisp. Arrange the toasted bun halves (with the toasted side facing up) on a baking tray lined with foil.
- Apply the mayo-chilly sauce mixture on the bun halves. Place the vegetable mixture over the mayo sauce. Sprinkle olives and sliced onions over the vegetable mixture . Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and oregano.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 200C for 7-10 minutes.