Makes 12 cupcakes.
- All purpose flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tsp. (slightly heaped)
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder – 1/2 cup
- Salt – a generous pinch
- Oil– 1/2 cup ( I had used sunflower oil)
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp.
- Eggs – 3
- Chocolate chunks – 1/2 cup (milk/dark)
For the frosting :-
- Butter – 100 grams (softened)
- Icing sugar – 3/4 cup
- Semi-sweet chocolate – 150 grams
- Vanilla essence – 1/2 tsp.
- Preheat your oven to 180C.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Beat together the oil & castor sugar with your hand mixer for 5-7 minutes till creamy. Add the 3 eggs, one by one and beat well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla essence .
- Gently fold in the sifted flour mixture. Fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan. Fill the liners with the batter till 3/4th full.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes. Let the cupcakes cool down completely to room temperature before frosting.
- For the frosting, melt the semi-sweet chocolate by double boiling. Let the chocolate cool down completely to room temperature. Beat the butter and icing sugar till creamy and fluffy. Add the melted chocolate and vanilla essence and beat again.
- Frost the cooled cupcakes using the butter-chocolate mixture.