This recipe makes 18 cupcakes.
- All purpose flour – 1.5 cup
- Semolina/Rava – 1/2 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsps.
- Salt – a generous pinch
- Butter – 200 grams, softened
- Castor sugar – 1 cup
- Eggs – 4 numbers ( I used 2 French Duck eggs)
- Vanilla essence – 1.5 tsp.
- Thick Cream – 1/4 cup
- Dried cranberry – 1/2 cup
- Cranberry jam – a s required for topping
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, salt and baking powder. Add the semolina and cranberries to the sifted flour and mix.
- Beat together the butter & castor sugar with your hand mixer for 10 minutes or till creamy and fluffy. Beat in the 4 eggs, one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Add the vanilla essence and mix.
- Gently fold in the sifted flour mixture in 2 additions alternated with 1/4 cup of cream.
- Place cupcake liners in the cupcake pan. Fill the liners with the batter till 3/4th full. Place 1 tsp. of jam over the batter and swirl with a tooth pick to give a marble effect.
- Bake at 180C for 20 minutes.